Stimson is committed to helping you grow through ongoing education, training, tuition assistance, and forestry-related internships.
Stimson covers the cost of formal education and training programs that support the company’s mission and performance. Full-time employees who have been with the company for at least one year are eligible for the following job-related education and training:
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) courses
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) courses
- Professional development courses
To receive reimbursement:
- Training must be job-related. Your department head will determine if the seminar/course is related to your development goals, your current job or one you might hold in the future.
- Stay on active payroll and perform satisfactorily as you complete each seminar/course.
- Complete the Tuition Approval and Request for Payment Form prior to enrolling.
Stimson helps pay for job-related degree programs and courses of study you take at an accredited college or university. You are eligible for reimbursement if:
- You have completed 365 calendar days as a full-time active employee, and
- You have obtained the necessary company approvals.
To remain eligible, you must stay on active payroll and perform satisfactorily as each course is completed.
How It Works
- Get approval from your supervisor and department head to take a single course or a course of study that will result in an associate or bachelor’s degree. For a graduate degree, you must receive approval from your supervisor and all department heads.
- Courses must be related to your current job duties or to a position you might have at Stimson in the future. Elective courses may qualify if they are related to your work at Stimson.
- You must obtain a C grade or better for completed courses.
Stimson will reimburse you up to $5,250 a year, tax free. Reimbursement amounts above $5,250 are subject to payroll taxes. However, Stimson will reimburse you an amount to cover the additional payroll tax.
- Courses that result in an associate or bachelor’s degree are eligible for 100% reimbursement, up to $5,250 a year.
- Courses that result in a graduate degree are eligible for 50% reimbursement, up to $5,250 a year You are responsible for the remaining 50% tuition.
Stimson will either pay the educational institution directly during class registration or reimburse you when you submit appropriate documentation and receipts for approved courses.
Stimson will reimburse eligible expenses, including tuition costs, registration and student fees, and textbook costs. For details, review the Education, Training & Tuition Policy.
Stimson’s internship program offers career experience and exposure to the wood products industry plus competitive pay. You’ll be ready to step up to new challenges with confidence and find other opportunities in the company. Internship opportunities are available at:
- Coeur d’Alene, ID
- Gaston/Forest Grove, OR
Interns are typically hired during the months of May through August or June through September in Stimson’s Regeneration departments. These positions require physical work in outdoor conditions. Daily job sites will vary. A company vehicle will be provided.
Visit Job Opportunities to see what internships are available.