Our goal is to provide a comprehensive and cost-effective benefits package for you and your family.
You are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following your hire date if you are a regular full-time employee scheduled to work at least 30 hours a week. Regular part-time employees are eligible for some of the same benefits on a prorated basis. You have 31 days from your date of hire to make your benefit elections on UKG.
For example, if you are hired on February 11, you can enroll in benefits starting that day up through March 13. If you do not enroll within 31 days, you will not be able to enroll or make changes until the next annual Open Enrollment period, unless you experience an employment change or a change in family status.
From the UKG menu, select the “Myself” tab, then “Life Events – New Hire.”
If you’re eligible for Stimson benefits, you can also enroll your eligible dependents:
- Your spouse as defined by state law or domestic partner in place of a spouse who meets all of the following criteria:
- An adult over the age of 18;
- Not legally married or in a domestic partnership or civil union with anyone else; In a committed relationship with a Stimson employee for a minimum of six months and intends to continue as such indefinitely; and
- Shares finances, property or a home, and/or resides in the same household with a Stimson employee.
- Your biological and stepchildren up to age 26 (unless disabled and approved to be covered on the plan as an adult dependent).
- Your legally adopted children.
- Children placed with you in the process of adoption.
Benefit Changes During the Year
You can only make changes to your benefits during the year if you have an employment change or a change in family status. Examples include:
- Marriage or divorce (or ending a domestic partnership)
- Addition or loss of a dependent
- Employment status change from part-time to full-time or full-time to part-time.
- Leaving Stimson or retiring
- Death of a dependent
You must make changes on UKG within 31 days of the qualifying event.
Username: STMSN plus 6-digit clock number. If clock number is less than 6 digits (e.g., 1234), add zeros to ensure a total of 6-digits: STMSN000123.