At Stimson, providing a safe and healthy work environment for employees, customers and visitors is our top priority.
Safety is a shared responsibility — Stimson is responsible to provide a safe work environment and continuously improve it. Employees are responsible to learn, follow, identify and continuously improve our safe work practices.
You are expected to:
Training & Communications
SAFE WORKPLACE PRACTICES
Equipment & Vehicle Safety
When you use Stimson property:
- Exercise care
- Perform required maintenance
- Follow all operating instructions, safety standards and guidelines
- Notify your supervisor if any equipment, machines, tools or vehicles appear to be damaged, defective or in need of repair.
You may be subject to disciplinary action, including termination, if you:
- Operate equipment or vehicles improperly, carelessly, or unsafely, or
- Receive excessive or avoidable traffic and parking violations
Report to work “fit for duty” with personal protective equipment (PPE). To help offset the cost of specialty safety gear, Stimson provides the following reimbursement:
- Prescription safety glasses: Up to $150 every two years
- Safety boots (Mills): Steel or safety-toed boots, up to $175 per year
- Safety boots (Resources): Steel or safety-toed boots, up to $250 per year
Complete and submit the Safety Equipment Reimbursement Form to get reimbursed for safety gear. Be sure to include your itemized receipts.
Learn how you can protect your eyes at work. Go to Eye Site on Wellness.
Driving on Company Business
When driving on company business:
- Conduct yourself in a safe and legal manner
- Obey posted speed limits
- Avoid distractions, such as cell phones
For guidance review OSHA Motor Vehicle Safety information.
Driving in Inclement Weather
To ensure a safe trip when driving in extreme weather conditions, be sure to:
- Maintain your car
- Have an emergency kit
- Plan your route
- Use caution when stalled
More information is available on the OSHA website.
Share your ideas, concerns or suggestions with a supervisor, your Safety Committee or Manufacturing Operations.
You can report any concerns without fear of punishment and may report concerns anonymously.