Regular full-time and part-time employees are eligible for paid vacation. The amount of vacation time you receive is accrued based on your years of service. Vacation time must be taken in full or half-day increments.
|Years of Employment||Weeks Per Full Year*|
|1 – 4 full calendar years||2 weeks|
|5 – 9 full calendar years||3 weeks|
|10 or more full calendar years||4 weeks|
*If you joined Stimson after January 1, your vacation time is prorated based on your hire date.
Taking Vacation Time
- Vacation is available after 90 days of employment.
- You must get approval from your supervisor before you take vacation time.
- If you take less than a half-day of time off, it must be taken as unpaid time unless it is a partial accrual due to prorated time.
- If you have taken at least 80 hours of vacation and have unused vacation time remaining at the end of the same calendar year, you will be paid for those unused hours. You will be paid based on your straight time pay in the first paycheck of the next year.
- If you do not take at least 80 hours of vacation, all unused vacation will be forfeited.
- If you leave Stimson and are rehired within one year, you may receive credit for prior service that applies toward your vacation accrual.
Stimson observes nine paid holidays per year. Regular full-time and part-time employees, introductory employees and interns are eligible. Summer hires are not eligible.
|New Year’s Day||Monday, January 3 (observed)|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 30|
|Independence Day||Monday, July 4
Tuesday, July 5 (observed)
|Labor Day||Monday, September 5|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 24|
|Day after Thanksgiving||Friday, November 25|
|Christmas Eve||Friday, December 23 (observed)|
|Christmas Day||Monday, December 26 (observed)|
You can take paid sick leave if you or your child, spouse/domestic partner or parent is sick or injured. Sick leave can be used in hourly increments, regardless of 8/10/12 hour shift.
Sick leave is available to regular full-time and part-time employees. Employees hired after January 1 may use sick leave after 90 days of employment. If needed, unpaid sick leave will be applied during the first 90 days.
The amount of paid sick leave is based on where you work:
- Oregon employees: 40 hours per year.
- Washington employees (including interns and seasonal employees): 40 hours per year.
- All other employees: 24 hours per year.
You will not be paid for unused sick leave.
Oregon and Washington employees who leave Stimson and are re-hired within a certain time may have their prior sick leave balance restored and a waiting period applied, subject to Stimson review and approval.